There are many benefits to becoming
an IEEE Senior Member:
• The professional recognition of your peers for technical and
• An attractive fine wood and bronze engraved Senior Member plaque
to proudly display.
• Up to $25 gift certificate toward one new Society membership.
• A letter of commendation to your employer on the achievement
of Senior member grade
(upon the request of the newly elected Senior Member.)
• Announcement of elevation in Section/Society and/or local newsletters,
newspapers and notices.
• Eligibility to hold executive IEEE volunteer positions.
• Can serve as Reference for Senior Member applicants.
• Invited to be on the panel to review Senior Member applications.
The requirements to qualify for Senior Member elevation are, a candidate
shall be an engineer, scientist, educator, technical executive or originator
in IEEE-designated fields. The candidate shall have been in professional
practice for at least ten years and shall have shown significant performance
over a period of at least five of those years.”
To apply, the Senior Member application form is available in 3 formats:
Online, downloadable, and electronic version. For more information or
to apply for Senior Membership, please see the IEEE Senior Member Program
New Senior Members
The following individuals were elevated to Senior Membership Grade thru
Manas K. Bose
Andrew R. Chraplyvy
Marla L. Dowell
Alan R. Kost
Christina M. Lim
Elisabeth Marley Koontz
Ronald M. Reano
Randal A. Salvatore
Heung S. Tae
Christopher A. Tagg